On a second attempt I managed to get the speed-up I needed without too much memory management and OpenGL vendor issues. Trajectory points still produced and rotated on CPU, but everything is clipped to a viewport. And I had gotten rid of than orbit loop detection and the line is nice and clean, without annoying glitch. I only wish I could quantize missile and asteroid trajectories somehow for them to be more stable visually.
With the contest stuff and post-release is out of the way, I have the luxury of time to actually go through the OpenGL tutorials I’ve skipped in a rush to pull of the jam.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.